Students » Working Papers

Working Papers

Working Papers (Employment Certificates)
Students between 14-17 years of age must have an employment certificate in order to work. Students can apply for an employment certificate at HSMSE.
How to apply.
1. Fill out the New York State application available on the NY State Education Website (Open external link) – click on “Application for Employment Certificate – AT-17”
2. Items required
a) Copy of your birth certificate
b) Certificate of physical fitness from your doctor
3. Bring your completed application along with items a & b (above) to Ms. Ortiz in room B20